Sunday, September 13, 2009

Pass alongs




This week I have come home each day to Spider Lilies popping up in borders and willy nilly throughout the property. By October I usually have a few hundred bulbs gathered and shared by my sweet cousin Hilda. Most visits to Hilda's produce a car load of various pass alongs including potted plants(pomegranate seedlings on the last visit), canned vegetables and pickles, frozen blueberries(hand picked of course), and of course bulbs from her garden, just to name a few.
As I plan my next bulb planting weekend I think of the seasons to come when Daffodils and Spider Lilies will greet me and I will be thankful for the dear ones that have so lovingly shared their time and treasures with me.
Stay tuned as we begin our own fall projects and pass along ideas and inspiration.




No comments:

Post a Comment